April 4th, 2011, Posted by admin / Leave a comment
Loose motions are not fatal in most cases though it can be annoying and temporarily unsettles life. It is not as common as cold, but almost all of us have had an experience with this disorder. Loose motions are also accompanied by a host of other problems such as dehydration, weakness and lethargy. If not controlled in time, it can lead to complications and in rare cases, may prove to be fatal. Instead of going for an allopathic remedy that may give instant relief but later cause problems such as constipation, one can opt for some natural remedies. Some of them are:
- Banana- this long fruits is recommended for all gastric problems, including constipation. Banana is rich in minerals, especially potassium due to which the fruit helps to restore the salt that is lost while passing motion. It also adds bulk to the digestive food and stops the passage of thin, watery stool.
- Mint- take half a cup of warm water and add some drops of mint to it. This can be had at intervals of every two hours. Mint is believed to sooth the linings of the colon and can effectively control loose motion in some time.
- Add half a teaspoon of cumin seeds to half a spoon of fenugreek seeds and powder it. Add the powder to half a cup of curd and have it. This is believed to not only control lose motions, but provide the person with some new found energy.
- Lemon- take half a cup of warm water and add lemon juice (half a lemon or a whole small lemon) and a pinch of salt. Make the patient drink this. It can be repeated after two hours. It is said to control dysentery immediately and also instantly energizes the person.
- Carrot- have a glass of freshly squeezed carrot juice for instant effect against dysentery.
Leave a Reply