Apcalis, like the brand Cialis, contains Tadalafil as an active ingredient which belongs to the pharmaceutical class of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitors. It is the third member of this class and is quite different from the previous two members Sildenafil (Viagra) and Vardenafil (Levitra). One of the most salient feature of Tadalafil is that it is ling acting and more potent. With a long duration of action of 36 hours, Tadalafil has made its brands popular and has been known as The Weekend Pill. Another distinct feature of the active element Tadalafil is that there is no need to restrict from moderate alcohol or high fat meals as this does not affect the action of Tadalafil which is not the case with other two PDE-5 inhibitors.
Mechanism of action of Apcalis is similar to other PDE-5 inhibitors. It blocks the action of the enzyme PDE-5 which is the prime reason behind ED in men. Inhibition of this enzyme leads to increase the body levels of nitric oxide and guanylyl cyclase which is an enzyme that upsurges the biosynthesis of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). This biochemical cGMP is a powerful vasodilator which widens and expands the blood vessels supplying the blood to the penis. Blood flow in the penis thus, enhances and this resolves ED and helps a man to get long lasting and firm penile erection for satisfactory sexual activity.
Apcalis for use as needed
- ED: Starting dose: 10mg as needed prior to sexual activity.
- Increase to 20mg or decrease to 5 mg based upon efficacy/tolerability.
- Improves erectile function compared to placebo up to 36 hours post dose .
- To be taken only once per day.
Apcalis for once daily use
- ED: 2.5mg taken once daily, without regard to timing of sexual activity. Dose may be increased to 5mg based upon efficacy and tolerability
- BPH: 5mg, taken at about the same time every day
- ED and BPH: 5mg, taken at about the same time every day
- Can be taken with or without food.